Worldcrunch - Paris - France(Since September 2012)
- Helping build the brand, spread the word, and deliver international journalism as it has never been done before.
Includes strategic partnerships, brand development, product development, social media marketing, premium content strategies, rethinking user experience for the B2B and B2C offers, and developing a premium content strategy.
citizenside - Paris - France(Consultant - Since August 2009)
- International sales and marketing, community management, database management, editorial support, research and development.
Organizational Map of Citizenside's operations:
Citizenside is a social network of over 50 000 amateur and pro photographers, freelance journalists, and citizen reporters in more than 100 countries. Images contributed to Citizenside are licensed to the worldwide media via the Agence France-Presse's Image Forum (more than 7000 clients globally). The aim is to provide members with a community online where they can both share and sell their news-related images. Furthermore, Citizenside addresses the rapidly growing number of amateur-captured eyewitness images by bringing this supply to the demand (media outlets around the world).
The content management system (CMS) Citizenside developed to manage this platform is called the Reporter Kit, and is marketed as a solution for news websites to create a social network from their audience. The network is used to collect (via integrated CMS), verify (with advanced authentication tools), and publish (editorialization of content) news-related photos and videos contributed by readers. Included in the Kit are effective tools for community management and award-winning mobile applications to expand the reach of this network, so readers can contribute geolocalized photos in real time from the scene of breaking news.
The New York Times - Paris - France(September 2008 - June 2009)
- 10 months at the Europe/Africa/Middle East headquarters for the News Service/ Syndicate division.
Integral member of a small team of international sales directors, personally responsible for the Syndicate’s first foray into social media by employing Twitter as a marketing tool.
- Managed an extensive database of international clientèle as the bureau's CRM administrator.
Acted as liason between NY headquarters and Paris headquarters to direct development of the division’s new website nytsyn.com.
Made editorial decisions on a daily basis on what content would syndicate best internationally and provided support for sales consultants, working closest with the major publications in the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, and Africa.
- The New York Times News Service and The New York Times Syndicate provide comprehensive coverage of news and features, distributing articles, photos and multimedia from The New York Times and more than 100 other respected sources.
Snoworsand.com - Rome - Italy(May 2007 - May 2008)
- Creating and marketing tour packages for university students. Sales and operation of the organized trips.
- SnoworSand has a growing network of talented travel experts in major cities throughout Europe, Africa and the United States. Each local boasts itineraries focused on their city's culture through music, cuisine, art, architecture, history and sports. Instead of offering a "one-size-fits-all" tour, guests choose from a variety of unique itineraries. That way, they know exactly what they're getting, from the minute they purchase a trip until they are on their way home. They leave their destination feeling less a tourist and more like a friend.